Saturday, January 10, 2009

A business in incubation

Happy new year! Can't believe it's practially mid-January 2009.

My soon-to-be launched business, Revive Holistic Marketing, is bubbling away in the background, while I sort out business stationary, websites, course material and venues for a series of workshops for holistic therapists.

The paperwork - and costs - associated with starting a new business seem to mount at a scary pace... business name registrations, bank accounts, business cards, letterhead, brochures, printer and fax for the home office, filing stuff, deposits here and there... and the list goes on.

It's been a fascinating exercise doing all of this on a shoe string budget. I'm used to working with a substantially bigger marketing budget and simply having the resources of a full working office. Now, when my printer needs new ink, I have to go buy it, install it and ensure that its ready when I need to use it.

I've also been somewhat shocked and amused at the quotes I've received for all manner of services - web and graphic design, corporate identity and branding etc...no wonder so many small businesses fail! We'll cover all of that and more in the workshops.

Stay tuned for the launch of the website and details of workshops around the country!

No comments: