Thursday, January 22, 2009

Retreating on the Gold Coast

I knew there would be some fantastic things to see and do at last weekend's Health, Happiness and Soul Show.

I came across the Australian School of Meditation & Yoga's stand, who were promoting their one-day retreats in the beautiful Gold Coast Hinterland.

It sounds divine:

"We will give you simple and tasty vegetarian recipes and nutritional tips. This perfect day also includes beautiful chanting of sacred mantras, guided meditation and enlightening talks on the timeless wisdom of the yoga texts and how you can easily add meditation to your daily life. You will leave thinking clearly and feeling great."

All for $60! How good is that!! Mum and I are defitely going to book onto one of the upcoming retreats and check it out.

As well as getting fit, meditating more is one of my resolutions for 2009. I had actually seen the ASM's Brisbane's centre advertised, and have been intending to get along to one of their Sunday afternoon sessions, which sound equally relaxing, even if only for a few hours.

Stay tuned for my review of the ASM's retreat day. I can't wait!

No comments: