Saturday, September 6, 2008

A thoughtful housewarming gift

Wow - it's been a long time between posts! I've been busily renovating my place, which, I'm happy to say, is now almost complete.

I've lived in rental accommodation for much of the last 10 years and as my Dad and I were replacing, repainting or revamping virtually every surface in my place over the last three months, it got me thinking that I would like to have some sort of personal housewarming ceremony. Of course, I'll have a house-warming party with family and friends, but I wanted to have a little ceremony, a ritual if you like, that brought new energy into the place and put my own stamp on it.

As I painted wall after 14ft wall, I thought about how I would represent the various natural elements in my place, and started to think about the types of qualities I wanted to bring in. I decided I would have this little ceremony when all the boxes were unpacked, and I had consolidated all of my belongings from London and those stored at my parent's house.

Last week, as I was shovelling boxes of my posessions into the flat, I happened to pass the postman, who gave me a package. I wasn't expecting anything, so it came as a bit of a surprise.

And what a gorgeous surprise it was - a Sacred Space Clearing Pack, from a cool little NSW company called Your Sacred Space. It was from my friend Mike, who is studying shamanic healing.


















The gift box was beautiful (I'm a sucker for stylish packaging), and inside I found a quartz crystal, candle, room mist, smudge stick, bag of salt, and helpful instructions how to use it all to "support you clear your home or work environment".

I love crystals and have several clear quartz stones. The one in the kit had been programmed to assist in the clearing of the space.

The room mist was Your Sacred Space's own blend of rosemary, lemongrass and eucalyptus that had also been amplified with quartz crystals and sodalite. The candle contained the same blend of oils and was a lovely calming green colour.

The smudge stick was interesting - I hadn't used them before, and the instructions suggested that "smoke from the white sage engulfs releases and clears energies."

Finally, the salt can be used on a continuing basis to absorb energies from the space, by placing in a glass or ceramic bowl.

It was a really thoughtful gift (thanks again Mike!), and I'm looking forward to unpacking the final boxes in the next few days and doing my space-clearing.

Suzanne Lewarne, founder of Your Sacred Space runs various workshops in Sydney about working with energy and crystals and offers holistic healing services. Check it out, and consider a space-clearing kit if you or someone you know has just moved homes or offices, or simply want to reinvigorate your personal space.

No comments: